Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Health Center To-Do List

When I got the letter announcing that I had won the Fulbright, I was also sent a lengthy medical form to fill out within three weeks. Not thinking that I had a problem with the deadline, I waited a few days and then scheduled my appointment. Yesterday I met with a clinician on campus to talk about all the tests that had to be done in order for my paperwork to be sent in.

Then the lights went out.

That's right -- all the electricity on campus went out, and I wasn't able to get any of my tests done, except for a TB skin test. But the bad news is that one of my tests takes a bit longer than the rest for the results to come back. So I made a quick phone call to the French Embassy in Washington, D.C., and got the deadline for my medical results extended. Yay!

I remember having a bunch of tests before my last trip to France, but not nearly this many! I suppose that most of these examinations are for those who are going to malarial areas and places in the middle of nowhere.

Still, one thing is for sure: Fulbrighters must be pretty darn healthy!


Perpignan

No comments: